Firstly one needs to understand that our subconscious brain will do ANYTHING to avoid pain and seek pleasure, you can use this to ‘biologically’ motivate yourself. Here are a few pain generating questions to ask yourself.
- 1. What would happen if you didn’t change, elaborate?
- 2. What would your friends or family think of you?
- 3. How has this held you back in the past?
- 4. What has this cost you so far?
- 5. What will it cost you into your future?
- 6. How will you feel, if you don’t achieve your goal?
Once you have contemplated on each of these questions, bring yourself back into balance by asking yourself the question how will I feel if, I achieved the change I desire in my life?
“I know of know more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscious endeavour.”
– Henry David Thoreau