7 REASONS WHY I’M NOT THE COACH FOR YOU
I get a lot of emails from people inquiring about what kind of coach I am, and how I intend to help. I love these emails. I want to hug them and invite them around to my house so we can have a drink together and make the world a perfect place. At their core, they give me the chance to lay out some ground work, because while I’m very good at what I do. I’m not for everyone and neither is life coaching, so lets lay some facts on the table.
- If you think life coaching is a ‘quick’ fix or a pill you can take and you are not prepared to invest in the processes involved, don’t waste your time.
- Our sessions will be a safe place for you to show up with all your fascinating and complicated humanness. So if you are not prepared to embark on a journey of self discovery which can sometimes be painful, don’t waste your time.
- If you are not prepared to have an open mind and to learn and put into practice new skills on how to take full responsibility and control of your life, don’t waste your time.
- If you are not prepared to make the effort to create the time in your life required for life coaching, don’t waste your time.
- I’m hopeful not delusional. This means I work with reality, and if you have a mortgage and 3 kids, I won’t tell you to quit your job to become a full- time knitter of tiny hats for squirrels. If you don’t want a coach with common sense, don’t wast your time.
- My coaching practice draws from an integrated range of psychologically-grounded coaching frameworks, philosophies and techniques. This means I don’t use any questionable pop-psychology tools and techniques, so I will never, ever guarantee you an overnight six-figure income from working 2 hours a day from a beach in Bali. So if you are after some pseudo, unrealistic type of life coach, don’t waste your time.
- I will hold you accountable. If you say you’re going to do something, I’ll absolutely check to see if you have. I know how easy it is to say you’ll do something…and then how bloody hard it can be to actually do it. So if you have a problem with being held accountable, don’t waste your time.
If you have read the above and are happy to accept these terms then by all means give me a shout and together we can begin to create the me you always knew you could be! If not, don’t waste our time.