Five Ways to Deal with Disappointment
- 1. Get the right help- make connections with others who can support you in relation to what is causing the disappointment.
- 2. Get your basic needs met- when your personal needs are being met, disappointment occurs less frequently.
- 3. Refocus on your goals- make sure your goals are something you would really love to achieve and not something that ‘ought’ to be done.
- 4. Take a break- feelings of disappointment can also act as a warning that you are out of balance and off target ‘chill out and look after yourself’
- 5. Fill the gaps- Do some research, brainstorm with others, generate some new ideas, this will increase your enthusiasm and motivate you to move in your chosen direction.
Life is resolvable with the right conversations-and design-able with the right people.